Please note that all balances for Patterdale are due by the end of August latest, many thanks
NEXT WALK (AUGUST) ~ Sunday 22nd
WALKS START: 10:00 PROMPT (meet 09:45)
SAT NAV LOCATION: TBA (Garstang is 37 miles from Leigh)
CAR PARK: TBA
LEADERS: A/B = ~ C/D =
END OF WALK PUB:
DUE TO CURRENT PROTOCOL, IF YOU INTEND TO JOIN US FOR THIS WALK, THEN CONTACT OUR BOOKING SECRETARY – JOAN HEATON ON 07815 441789
CHAIRMAN’S LETTER (April)
Hi to All Our Anchor Members
Its Spring, a time when we who go walking should be looking forward to longer days and better weather. Its just over a year since we had to abandon our planned walks programme due to the covid pandemic. Our last walk was at Malham. We tried to start a car-based programme in September. Our first walk at Rivington attracted a good turn out of over 25 members but future walks were thwarted by more outbreaks of covid.
Since the turn of the year with the successful covid anti-virus vaccination programme things have started to recover. We seem now to be on a better path out of the pandemic. For this reason, and given the road map back to normality, we feel, moving forward cautiously, we can start a car walks programme.
The format is as we had planned in last September the details being as follows: –
- We restart our 4-weekly programme on Sunday 2nd May 2021.
- Walk Venue: – Tockholes. Meet at the Royal Arms Hotel, Tockholes post code BB3 0PA.
Meet by 9.45 p.m. latest.
NOTE: – For attendance and Track & Trace Reasons you MUST book on with
Joan Heaton our booking secretary on 07815 441789
- Travel to the walks will be by personal car transport observing fully the social distancing rules which will be normally two people in the car unless other passengers are part of a family “bubble”.
- The walks will be within a 40 miles radius of Leigh.
- This distance will have the effect of producing a variety of venues with circa 1 hour travelling time each way. Thus, the petrol cost etc per couple will be much lower than equivalent coach fare.
- To simplify the walking options and given many of us have not walked seriously during lockdown we would run only two walks.
- The C and D walks would be combined with suggested maximum distance of 8 miles with possible turn off for the “D” walkers to shorten the walk if necessary.
- The A and B walks would be combined with suggested maximum distance of 10/12 miles.
- Walks would start at circa 10.00 a.m. Please be at the venue by 9.45 a.m. latest.
- To make sure no one is forgotten and for leaders to know who is in their party members will have to book on with the booking secretary Joan Heaton stating which walk they would want to walk on.
- As to after walk relaxation we will try to finish at or close a suitable hostelry so people can have a drink etc. However, drivers should refrain from alcohol.
- NOTE It is always the responsibility of everyone to observe social distancing. Note facemasks are not needed while social distancing outdoors. Those who want to wear masks can do so.
- This walk proposal will be subject to change due to any government or local controls to curb further virus outbreaks.
- At the first walk on the 2nd May we will issue a list of future car walk on a four weekly basis throughout the summer. We will review returning to coach-based walks ready for the winter.
Please pass this message on to other members and friends who are welcome to join us.
Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible in May. Keep Safe.
Ernie Rothwell – Chairman
A note from our beloved Dorothy …
I would like to thank everyone in the club for their flowers, cards, messages and prayers … in support of me through my illness.
Although I had a blip, my treatment resumes in late January. I am coping well and isolating like the rest of us in these tough times!
What a wonderful group of people that make up Anchor Ramblers are. George and I have walked with the club since 1984, until Christmas 2019 when ill health forced us into retirement … what happy memories we both have during those times.
We wish you all well for future trips, that hopefully will resume in the not too distant future.
Once this dreadful pandemic is over, I hope to start seeing you again … and just maybe a trip out(?)!
With love from Dorothy
For website additions or amendments ~
Contact Vinnie by
or text: 0797-904-2058